Audio Solutions Virtuoso L
- BrandsAudio Solutions
- Product Code: Audio Solutions Virtuoso L
- Availability: 2
The Virtuoso series employs much of the advanced technology originally developed for the company’s flagship Vantage 5th-anniversary series, combined with a sophisticated visual design. The Virtuoso series sits comfortably between AudioSolutions’ Figaro and Vantage 5th anniversary series.
Notable highlights of the new series include a box-in-a-box system, mini-horn loaded tweeter, an extended frequency midrange driver, a user-adjustable crossover with three listening profiles, as well as innovative self-locking cabinets.
A TRUE BOX-IN-A-BOX CABINET
Virtuoso speakers share a true box-in-a-box enclosure design.
This system relies on an internal structure with extensive skeleton-like bracing which grants rigidity of enclosure and controls primary vibrations which are created directly by the drivers. This internal carcass is covered with lightweight material to form an inner box.
Lightweight walls have very low inertia and don't store energy. Because of that, inner cabinet ringing characteristics are very good.
The outer box is being attached directly to and over the inner box.
By applying more dense material with higher inner losses we eliminate any high Q spikes which can be transmitted from inner structure.
Outer box works in tandem with inner box by dampening each other out. Specially calculated corner joint point’s and shape increases structural forces even further.
The resulting cabinet shares properties of those aluminium or composite cabinets, but do not add high-frequency ringing and harmonics which is common in those type cabinets.
AudioSolutions first introduced an adjustable crossover in the Vantage Classic loudspeaker series. This allowed the user to fine-tune the speakers to their room and associated audio components. Now with the Virtuoso series, the concept is raised to another level, allowing the listener to choose one of three different crossover profiles.
1. Balanced – this mode is a sweet spot with great musical clarity and an immersive soundstage.
2. Moderate – this mode is ideal for prolonged listening sessions and times when the speakers are driven near their limits, especially when listening to rock or metal. The continued evolution of high-end audio components and loudspeakers means that today’s gear reveals many imperfections in the recordings, which can make them sound distorted, noisy and tiring to your ears. This is particularly true with classic rock albums. The Soft mode applies a technique similar to recording studios, manipulating distortions and very sharp nulls in the frequency range.
3. Enhanced – engaging this mode will allow the listener to experience the finest level of musical details from their recordings. This mode is especially well suited for quiet evening listening sessions when ambient urban noise is reduced, and micro details in the music come alive. This mode can mean the difference between simply listening to music and establishing an emotional connection with your music, prompting you to get up and dance or shed a tear, when listening to your favourite tunes.
Dimensions (HxWxD) : 1410mm x 547mm x 765mm; 55.5 x 21.54 x 30.1in
Weight : 120 kg/264 lbs each
Shipping weight : 160 kg/352 lbs each
Sensitivity : 92 dB @ 2.83V 1m
Nominal power handling : 360 W rms
Maximum unclipped power handling : 720 W;
Impedance : nominal 4,0 ohms
Crossover frequency : 500 Hz; 6500 Hz
Frequency response (in-room environment) : 20-30000 Hz
Drivers : 3cm silk dome tweeter, 19cm Hard Pulp paper cone mid, two 24.2cm Hard Pulp cone bass drivers
ADJUSTABLE HARMONICS CROSSOVER
Virtuoso is equipped with a new type of speaker performance tuning device which encloses three different crossovers in one speaker to choose from.
This system does not change SPL of speaker response and should not be mistaken with room/system tuning devices where levels of individual drivers are being changed. In Virtuoso we decided to take a step further and use natural drivers' distortion pattern to manipulate listening experience.
As it is known all speaker drivers have more or fewer distortions present across the spectrum which is the natural behaviour of the driver. Each driver's distortion pattern is different which reflects as unique-sounding units - aluminium cone drivers have a metallic/harsh sound or ceramic cone drivers have analytic sound.
The same is true for musical instruments.
This is what makes two different violins sound tonally different, despite the same note being played. Although in music this phenomenon is called overtones rather than distortions. Technically speaking cause of both overtones and distortions are one and the same.
Different overtone patterns create a unique sounding instrument with a richer or leaner, more dramatic or more neutral tone. So is with speakers. By adding more than one driver to the speaker we create a speaker system with a distortion pattern described by crossover points.
By manipulating crossover's cut-off frequency and steepness of slopes we create different distortion/overtone patterns where different portions of each driver's distortions/overtones participate in the final system. It is a unique feature which allows us to offer you three different listening experiences without actually changing speaker technical characteristics.
AudioSolutions Adjustable Harmonics Crossover has three modes:
1. Balanced – this mode is a sweet spot with a perfect balance of musical clarity and an immersive soundstage.
2. Moderate – this mode is ideal for prolonged listening sessions when less dramatic and less detailed sound required.
3. Enhanced – engaging this mode will allow the listener to experience the finest level of musical details from their recordings. This mode is especially well suited for quiet evening listening sessions when ambient urban noise is reduced, and micro details in the music come alive.
This mode can make the difference between simply listening to music and establishing an emotional connection with your music, prompting you to get up and dance or shed a tear, when listening to your favourite tunes.
Virtuoso benefits from different thickness walls across all cabinet.
We use different thickness and density materials, combine them so that each layer would have different resonance frequencies.
This technique allows us to dampen vibrations inside those materials. A thin polyurethane glue layer between materials has a thickness of 0.1-0.15mm and forms a unique layer which helps to transfer energy from walls to heat (absorb mechanical energy) and help to dampen all structure extensively.
The thickness of sidewalls, front baffle and back of the speaker is not equal along all perimeter. It constantly changes. This technique not only serves as a pretty curved outer shell but promotes differential vibration dampening when the driver works at high-pressure levels. This technique along with a box in a box technology forms a complex cabinet system which only some high-end manufacturers can allow themselves to manufacture.
The Virtuoso series is offered in seven standard finishes: Pearl White, Silver Grey, Zinc Grey, Charcoal Grey, Pine Green, Ice Blue and Glacier Blue.
Five vibrant metallic colours are also available, which include Lemon, Deep Orange, Saturated Green, Teal and Saturated Blue.
There is one additional finish, called Flame Chameleon, for those who desire a unique, custom look. This standout finish changes colour from a cold grey to a warm red, depending on how light hits its surface.
- Worldwide shipment service where the Distributor or Dealer does not exist
- Free ship cost in Europe for order over 500€ (except speakers, we offer 50% of ship cost)
- Free ship cost Worldwide for order over 2000€ (except speakers, we offer 50% of ship cost )