METRUM ACOUSTICS AMBRE (ROON DIGITAL BRIDGE)
- BrandsMetrum Acoustics
- Product Code: AMBRE
- Availability: 1
Since the release of the AMBRE by Metrum Acoustics, the ROON enabled Digital Bridge, this first Roon Ready digital bridge product from Metrum Acoustics has been making waves in audioland. The AMBRE made its launch in April 2018 and builds upon our years of experience in digital to analog converters. The AMBRE Digital Bridge combines high quality components known by thousands of Metrum Acoustics worldwide and combines it with the user-friendly interface from Roon Labs. Recognized for its perfect clocking there hardly is another streamer product available which adds so much detail to music.At Metrum Acoustics we are fanatic about building the best Digital to Analogue converters because of our love for making digital music sound sublime!
The AMBRE out of the box comes as a ROON certified digital end point, however because of its architecture it is also capable of running different platforms such as DietPi and PiCorePlayer. This allows for even more possibilities such as playing Qobuz or Logitech Media Server content, or even being discovered in a network using UPnP.At Metrum Acoustics we do not believe in “taking prisoners”, hence the choice to provide our clients with an open platform. Using our AMBRE, a client could swap the SD card installed, and open up a whole new world with content from different providers, such as Qobuz. Adding web radio and play it throughout your house, office, wherever you wish to enjoy music, installing Logitech Media Server might be the solution. As for warranty we are OK with you choosing freedom, however as long as the changes apply to the software. Once the hardware is being manipulated, warranty is voided.The AMBRE comes with I2S and other input/ouputs like AES. As I2S is not a industry standard, manufacturers do tend to use their own interpretation of the pin settings. By now we have “connected” the AMBRE with a multitude of different inputs, and sometimes the pin setting has to be changed, yet we can guarantee it does work. We are more than happy to provide the correct pin setting for most devices in the market.Because of this dedication to perfection we can truly appreciate listening experiences like ROON.Roon looks at your music and finds photos, bios, reviews, lyrics, and concert dates, and makes connections between artists, composers, performers, conductors, and producers.The AMBRE Endpoint is a great addition to any audiophile setup because of its high quality components and with an array of digital inputs including Coax, Toslink, and AES/EBU, as well as I2S the Metrum Acoustics AMBRE can serve as a hub for connecting digital inputs from television, CD, or other digital sources.
- LAN (local area network) input: Connect an UTP cable with your local network. The Ambre is made as a Roon end point and cannot work as a standalone device. The Ambre expects a working Roon music server on the same local network.
- Coaxial Output: A 75 Ohm coaxial cable should be used to connect the Ambre to other digital audio equipment like a dac for instance. The coaxial output has a galvanic isolation and can handle a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz.
- AES/EBU digital output: When using the AES /EBU digital output a special 110 Ohms XLR cable should be used to connect the Ambre to other digital audio equipment. The AES/EBU interface has a galvanic isolation and can handle a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz.
- Optical output: A standard Toslink cable can be used to connect the Ambre to other digital audio equipment. The max sampling rate of the Toslink interface is limited to 96kHz.
- I2S output: The I2S connection is probably the best way to connect digital audio equipment over short distances without intervention of all kind of interfaces like AES/EBU , spdif or Toslink. However still I2S is no international standard in terms of ruggedising the format or the connectors used. The I2S standard is optimized as an interconnection between Metrum Acoustics products but will work in most cases in conjunction with other gear. If your Metrum Acoustics product has the I2S option installed you can use a simple UTP cable to connect both devices.