- Product Code: REED 5T
- Availability: 1
Reed 5T is our first appearance in the tangential tonearm domain. Featuring unique design, innovative technological solutions and high quality, and dedicated to a true audio passionate, it is one of the most advanced tonearms we have ever made.
Reed 5T technically is a tangentially tracking pivoted tonearm. It’s working principle is based on Thales’ theorem (if the center of a triangle’s circumcircle lies on the triangle then the triangle is right, and the center of its circumcircle lies on its hypotenuse) and the rule, that given three non-collinear points, it is possible to draw only one circle that has finite radius and passes through all three. (Fig. 1)
- P1, O1, P3 – Thales’ semicircle,
- Angles P1-A1-P3, P1-A2-P3, P1-A3-P3 are 90 degrees each,
- Segments A1B1 = A2B2= A3B3 represent length of a tonearm,
- B – Tonearm vertical axis,
- P2 represents a center of circle, drawn through three points – B1,B2 and B3 (tonearm rotation axis),
- P3 – Linear Sensor Array,
- BP3 – Laser beam.
Arm tube suspension system is similar to one used in Reed 2G tonearm, and the tonearm’s turning part is based on low noise thrust-sleeve bearing. For angular rotation of tonearm we designed and built limited rotation sectional torque motor. Tonearm’s position is controlled by laser and linear sensor array.Reed 5T has user-replaceable arm tube – feature, which allows to change tonearm’s effective mass yourself. Tonearm also has VTA and azimuth adjustments.Reed 5T has following advantages if compared with pivot tonearms:
- Smaller moment of inertia,
- No need for anti-skating mechanism,
- Max tracking error is +/- 5 Minute of Angle (MOA). (Figure 2). Pivot tonearms usually have max tracking errors up to 1.5 deg.
Figure 2Reed 5T’s advantages compared to other tangential tonearms:
- Few times smaller moment of inertia,
- No need for complicated additional devices (air compressor),
- Compact and sleek design.
- Effective mass in both vertical and horizontal directions is similar
Mounting distance - 251 mm (platter diam.max.= 330 mm)
Tracking error - +/- 5 Minute of Angle (MOA)
Effective mass - 10-16 g, depending on armwand material (replaceable armwand)
Height adjustment - compatible with 28÷48 mm height platters
VTA adjustment - precision +/- 0.2 mm
Azimuth adjustment - +/- 8 deg
Downforce range- 10÷30 mN (cartridge mass 5.5 g – 19.5 g,(4.0 g – 25,0 g))
Traction - Limited rotation sectional torque linear motor
Voltage - direct 12 V, using battery power source Reed Source 12V
Pictures below are for illustration of finishing only; tonearm model may be different from described above.
1.Seashell white - 2. Gold matle - 3. Black
1.Cocobolo - 2. Macassar Ebony - 3. Wenge - 5 Teak Light - 6 Teak dark
- Worldwide shipment service where the Distributor or Dealer does not exist
- Free ship cost in Europe for order over 500€ (except speakers, we offer 50% of ship cost)
- Free ship cost Worldwide for order over 2000€ (except speakers, we offer 50% of ship cost )